Capital Grants Programme
Applications are now open for the 2019 Schedule of the Australian Government Capital Grants Programme.
Whilst non-government school authorities are primarily responsible for establishing, maintaining and upgrading school facilities, the Capital Grants Programme provides supplementary funds to assist eligible schools to improve capital infrastructure where they otherwise may not have access to sufficient capital resources.
The objectives of the Programme are to:
- provide and improve school capital infrastructure, particularly for the most educationally disadvantaged students
- ensure attention to the refurbishment of capital infrastructure for existing students, while making provision for needs arising from new demographic and enrolment trends
- pursue the Commonwealth’s other priorities and objectives for schooling:
- supporting quality teaching
- supporting parental and community engagement
- supporting safety for the school community
- supporting the curriculum.
The next round of funding is the 2019 Schedule, for projects commencing works in the 2019 calendar year. Schools wishing to apply must be able to demonstrate a financial and educational need for funding assistance.
To apply for funding:
- Schools must complete Part A and Part B of the application, available for download below.
- The school’s architect or design consultant must complete Part C (Application Feasibility Report), guidelines available below.
- All parts of the application must be emailed before 5.00 pm on Monday 15 January 2018, along with four hard copies of Part C to be delivered to:
PO Box 119
North Melbourne VIC 3051
Please note that schools will need the password provided by the VIS BGA to access the application forms. If your school has not received a password, please contact Aisling Allen on (03) 9825 7239.
For further information on the application and assessment process, please view this briefing presentation:
A step-by-step guide to completing Part B: CGP Excel Application is available below, and/or schools may wish to view this instructional video:
For more information, please visit our Capital Grants Programme page.
Part A: CGP Application Form (BGA password required)
Part B: CGP Excel Application (BGA password required)
Templates and Guidelines:
Memorandum of Understanding: Role of Independent Consultant (Part A attachment)
CGP Application Declaration (Part A attachment)