Capital Grants Programme
VISBGA administers the Australian Government Capital Grants Programme. Whilst non-government school authorities are primarily responsible for establishing, maintaining and upgrading school facilities, the Capital Grants Programme provides supplementary funds to assist eligible schools to improve capital infrastructure where they otherwise may not have access to sufficient capital resources.
The objectives of the Programme are to:
- provide and improve school capital infrastructure, particularly for the most educationally disadvantaged students
- ensure attention to the refurbishment of capital infrastructure for existing students, while making provision for needs arising from new demographic and enrolment trends
- pursue the Commonwealth’s other priorities and objectives for schooling:
- supporting quality teaching
- supporting parental and community engagement
- supporting safety for the school community
- supporting the curriculumTo apply for funding through the Capital Grants Programme:
- The next round of funding is the 2018 Schedule, for projects commencing works in the 2018 calendar year. Applications are now open and close on Monday 16 January 2017.
- Schools must complete Part A and Part B of the application, available below.
- The school’s architect or design consultant must complete Part C (Feasibility Report), guidelines available below.
- All parts of the application must be emailed to BGA.Mailbox@is.vic.edu.au before 5.00 pm on Monday 16 January 2017, along with four hard copies of Part C to be delivered to:
- VIS BGA
PO Box 119
North Melbourne VIC 3051
Schools will need the password provided at the application briefing to access Part A (Excel file). If you have misplaced the password, please contact Aisling Allen via email or on (03) 9825 7239.
If you have any queries, please contact:
For further information on the Capital Grants Programme, please visit our Capital Grants Programme page.
Part A Excel Application (password required)