Capital Grants Programme
The Victorian Independent Schools Block Grant Authority (VIS BGA) is now calling for expressions of interest from schools wishing to participate in the next round of the Australian Government Capital Grants Programme, the 2019 Schedule, for projects commencing in the 2019 calendar year.
Whilst non-government school authorities are primarily responsible for establishing, maintaining and upgrading school facilities, the Capital Grants Programme provides supplementary funds to assist non-government schools in improving capital infrastructure where they otherwise may not have access to sufficient capital resources.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- provide and improve school capital infrastructure, particularly for the most educationally disadvantaged students
- ensure attention to refurbishment and upgrading of capital infrastructure for existing students, while making provision for needs arising from new demographic and enrolment needs
- pursue the Commonwealth’s other priorities and objectives for schooling:
- supporting quality teaching
- supporting parental and community engagement
- supporting safety for the school community
- supporting the curriculum.
Schools wishing to participate should complete an Expression of Interest (available below) and return to Aisling Allen at no later than Friday 29 September 2017.
Schools expressing an interest in the programme may be contacted by VISBGA for further discussion, and a meeting with VIS BGA representatives may be arranged if required.
For more information, please visit our Capital Grants Programme page.