Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) Responsibilities
A Principal’s responsibilities in providing VCAL.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page for contacts and links.
Do you need to comply?
Yes, if your school is a VCAL provider.
Conditions of compliance
Principals of schools are the formal authority for many important procedural and managerial requirements in the VCAL. The principal also will ensure that students are provided with access to adequate facilities and resources to complete studies within the VCAL.
If you have to comply, what do you have to do?
It is the role of the principal to ensure the following:
- Communications from the VCAA reach school staff
- Students receive VCAL advice
- Accuracy of required VCAL enrolment details
- Security and accuracy with the entering of VASS data at appropriate Enrolment dates.
- Security of Student Numbers and PINs, including Unique Student Identifier
- Accurate and current maintenance of school VCAL records
- Integrity of VCAL school assessments.
The signature of the principal, or a delegate for the principal, is required on some documents to certify that the information provided is accurate and complete.
What are the consequences if you don’t comply?
School could lose its registration as a VCAL provider.
Who will help you?
Independent Schools Victoria contact:
Education Consultant, Pathways
Ph. 03 9825 7246
Links and Resources
VCAA: VCAL Resource Kit