Member Schools are expected to have many policies in place and should be able to demonstrate how they are implemented.
Some of these policies are mandatory (e.g. those in relation to Child Safe Standards) while others are essential in effectively operating a school.
Independent Schools Victoria (ISV) has written a number of model policies for Member Schools, as well as guidance material on what makes good policy, policy implementation and communication.
- What makes Good Policy?
- Policy Implementation Documents
- Policy Development: Consulting and Communicating
The following model policies are made available by ISV. Please click the links to access them (Members’ Area password required):
- Amendments to the Crimes Act 1958 (Vic) Model Policy
- Anti-Bullying Model Policy
- Attendance Model Policy
- Behaviour Management Policy
- Child Safe Standards Model Policy
- Dress Code Model Policy
- Enrolment Model Policy
- Equal Opportunity and Anti-Harassment Model Policy
- Equal Opportunity and Respectful Workplace Model Policy
- Guidance in Creating Codes of Conduct
- Mandatory Reporting Model Policy
- Privacy Act Frequently Asked Questions for Schools
- Records Management Model Policy
- Student and Gender Identity Model Policy