Day to day operational issues including records management, food safety and privacy.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page for contacts and links
Do you need to comply?
Yes – if conducting a fundraising activity such as a fete, trivia night or similar activity.
Conditions of compliance
1. Parents’ club/association
- Is it a legal entity?
- Is it able to enter into contracts with commercial operators?
- legal liability
- compensation for personal injury suffered
- working with children check
3. Commercial operators
- written contracts
- indemnity clauses
4. School’s insurance
5. Amusement rides and equipment
- acceptability of such items
- Alcohol consumption requires a temporary license
- Food Handling.
If you have to comply, what do you have to do?
Check with your insurer and check with WorkCover.
What are the consequences if you don’t comply?
You may be the subject of legal action if an incident occurred.
Who will help you?
Independent Schools Victoria contact:
Director, School Services
Ph. 03 9825 7211
School Services Advisor
Ph. 03 9825 7275
Links and Resources
Department of Health: Food Safety
Department of Health: Food Safety Information (includes information on community even requirements under the food safety requirements)
WorkSafe advisory service:
Telephone (03) 9641 1444
1800 136 089 (Toll Free)